The Public Works Department operates and maintains various town services to enhance the quality of life in Milford. Vital services include: providing water resources & conservation, maintenance & preservation of our parks and trees, environmental resources & outreach, repairing streets and sidewalks, administering construction and capital improvement projects, and assisting with transportation, traffic and parking management issues.
The Town of Milford, Public Works Department takes great pride in its work. The Department believes by working together it can continue to provide and increase the level of service for you, our customers.
Hazardous Waste Day
Saturday May 2, 2015, 8am – 12pm, Milford Public Works Garage - 289 South Street, Milford
|DPW Applications and Permits|
|Street Opening Permit|
|Infrastructure Design, Construction & Administration Standards|
Street Opening Permit Instructions
The following steps SHALL be completed BEFORE submitting your application.
- Application must be filled out completely; submit completed application along with payment of $55 to the Public Works Department – 289 South Street or it will not be processed.
- Provide sketch/plan of work to be done.
- Provide Certificate of Insurance if not already on file with DPW.
- Provide road bond - $5,000 per job, $25,000 for blanket coverage or as deemed appropriate by the Director of Public Works.
- Should construction possibly interrupt traffic/pedestrian traffic, a traffic control plan must be submitted with the application. The traffic control plan will be submitted to the Chief of Police or his designee for review and approval/denial by DPW.
- If the Chief of Police or his designee determines that a traffic control officer is required during construction the applicant shall be required to contact the police department for the proper coverage and procedures associated with detail coverage.
- All costs associated with a traffic control officer shall be the responsibility of that applicant to be paid to the police department.
- DPW will notify all departments for their approval.
- NO WORK is to be performed without an approved Street Opening Permit.