The Welfare Office is looking for 2 to 3 residents of the Town of Milford who would like to volunteer to be a part of the Social Services Warrant. The goal of the committee is to evaluate agencies working for our people of Milford who have applied for funding under the town’s Social Services Warrant Article. We will evaluate each proposal and recommend to the Board of Selectmen the list of agencies, and the amount of their award.
Local Welfare 249-0672
Now at the Share Center
One Columbus Ave, Milford
- What expenses can the Town assist me with?
- What else does welfare do?
- Is Fuel Assistance available from Milford Welfare?
- Does Milford Welfare pay security deposits?
- How do I apply if I am disabled?
- Does the Milford Welfare office have handicapped access?
- I am not a Milford resident, can I still apply?
- I do not speak English well, do
Tips On Applying For General Assistance
- No appointment is necessary.
- Print out the application from the link below or pick up an application from the Welfare Department office at the Library Annex or from the Selectman's Office at Town Hall. Complete as much of it as possible before the application.
- Gather the necessary documentation to bring to the Welfare office.
Town Welfare was established to fill a temporary need until something else happens such as employment, state aid, Social Security, etc. It is not intended to subsidize rent for someone living beyond ones' means.
Each client deserves dedicated time and attention to address their individual needs. Appointments are not necessary. There is only one staff person at the Milford Welfare Department, so please be patient.